Monday, January 26, 2009

The Muse in a 12 Step Program

Must write something. Must write something. Must write something. No brain waves. Brain is tired. Brain is burned out on the new drugs. Now I no longer panic, I sit in a catatonic lump unable to motivate beyond the couch and the "What Not To Wear" re-runs. Oh yes, I get up to change Tara's panties every so often. Owning a dog is so therapeutic.

Somewhere there is a happy medium - there must be.

Maybe I'll start by changing to "As The World Turns".

Ooohhh. Even better, I could take the dogs for a walk. Healthy, stimulating, motivated. Efffing COLD! You been outside around here lately?

I think I'm actually almost there. Tomorrow I go into the office with the grand service dog in his official vest. By then I shall have adjusted a bit more to the meds. I will wear a cute skirt and fabulous boots. Stacy London will be SO happy. I will probably slide down Madison Avenue on my a$$ when the grand service dog spots a pigeon. Library patrons can wave as I go by.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's story - it ought to be a good one.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Be careful out there on Madison Jenn! I didn't realize you worked so close to me.

~A

When a Problem Comes Along, You Must Whippet... said...

Ah yes, pigeons! Had that problem quite a bit when Miss Becca had to trave downtown during her "feminine time" and I wasn't working at home yet. (oh and her eagerness to meet everyone in the crosswalks! - my left arm has never been the same!). You looked good on Saturday and sound good. Catatonic is better than where you were. Just now need some time etc etc

Jenn and the City

An Award

An Award
Thanks Patience!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter