Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On Holly Golightly, Wheaties, and Rain – Random Tuesday Thoughts

Proof that I still have contact with the blonde side – I forgot my coat again. Since the elevator monitor kindly advised that today’s high tech color Doppler radar identified a “chance of showers”, I’m probably okay. In Seattle, “chance of showers” is to the weather as “punt” is to football. But if it should happen to rain, I’ll just find a big old puddle to stomp in.

I only have six meetings today. That makes it a light day, and I may actually get some work done. Two of the meetings are “scrums” – brief status update meetings. Where we all get together and tell each other how much we’re not getting accomplished because we spend all our time in meetings. “Scrum” is a rugby term. The concept of applying sports theory to projects works well enough, but there are days when I want to be able to apply other rugby techniques, like “tackle” or “maul”. I’m sure any propensity toward violence comes from the red-headed part of my brain.

My favorite movie truly is “Breakfast at Tiffanys”. In another picture of my life, I’m living in a city apartment, renamed Tara “Whippet” and left a perfectly good Manolo Blahnik in the crisper drawer of the fridge with the rusty lettuce. Except in my world it would probably have to be “Breakfast at Starbucks”.

Something totally wrong with writing about Audrey Hepburn and listening to Linkin Park on the Ipod. Deliciously incongruent. I like that.

I’m going to work now. My current task involves determining how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. Breakfast of Champions. Definitely NOT at Tiffany’s.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay - love today's entry and love the photo of your toes. And re shoes we've got to get you to Johnnie Fluevog's!

Janet

Vanessa said...

I thought I was the only one who combined such things as Audrey and screaming angry music. My current desk top is elegant Audrey which keeps me from putting those rugby terms into action!

Jenn and the City

An Award

An Award
Thanks Patience!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter