Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baggage....

So, as mentioned previously, I've been tagged by Cheryl at The Daily Blonde, to reveal the contents of my handbag.


The rules are this:


Find a safe quiet place free of significant others, nosey meme makers, priests, nuns, all things religious and men in general. (If you're a guy just reverse this process to male and tell us about your wallet, tool box, briefcase or metro sexual accessory.)
1. Dump the contents of your handbag in a pile
2. Take a photo of your handbag and the contents
3. Be brave and explain to your fellow bloggers what lurks inside the handbag.
4. Tag others who might want to embarrass themselves
5. Answer these questions:
Describe the contents of your handbag.
What's the most important thing in your handbag?
What's the most embarrassing thing in your handbag?
What's the smallest thing in your handbag?Is there anything illegal in your handbag?


Well, allrighty then.









Welcome to my Tumi laptop carrying case. Purchased simply because everything but the kitchen sink fit in it, and still it looked relatively chic.



Clockwise from the left are:


  1. Receipts from my last work trip to Bend, Oregon

  2. The fabulous Paolo Jenn And The City Shoes worn to work today. I hate them. My feet may never be the same.

  3. My never-part-with snake skin wallet; and on top of that....

  4. Simply to spite Cheryl - my debit card.

  5. purespring Vanilla Cream hand cream, don't leave home without it. It also takes the frizzies right out of your naturally curly hair....

  6. My Starbucks spring-themed personal travel coffee thingy. What do you call those anyway? It's not a mug. It isn't a cup. It's a travel.....container for hot beverages.

  7. A baggie. What can I say. I have dogs. Baggies are as much a part of my world as Huggies are for a Mommy.....

  8. My blue silk scarf, purchased at a little boutique on Marion Street. Fashionista accessory and protection against the elements all in one.

  9. US Weekly Magazine, cleverly hidden beneath the New Yorker. Who says you gotta choose? My note pad for writing ideas is on top.

  10. Dell Latitude D630. My friend the laptop. Still having serious error issues, but functional all the same. You are my rock, my friend.

  11. My Blackberry, my Dell travel mouse, a barette, and a pink Breast Cancer Awareness pin.

  12. A first-aid kit. Don't leave home alone.

  13. My little travelling camera, for those impromptu moments.

  14. My bus pass and security badge. Part of the cards were chewed off by Tara.

  15. An inhaler. In case I try to die of asthma sometime in the work-day. Now, there's a thought....

  16. Lip-gloss (Neutrogena "Tickled"), lip-balm (Blistex Silk n Shine) and a carabiner. Lips are high maintenance. No telling what the carabiner is for.

  17. A multi-ink pen, with choices of green, black, red, and blue ink. Handy for marking dog show catalogs. Not much else.

  18. A handful of loose change I didn't know I had. Now why isn't there a $20 in there when you want it.

What is normally in my handbag, and missing from above, is this:


My keys are in the freezer on the Dreyers Capuccino Chip again. Not sure I can get my car out tomorrow, and tonight is soccer night.

The most important thing is clearly Dell Latitude D630. Can't live without my laptop.

The most embarrasing thing is.....a toss up - US Weekly? The baggie? Screw it, I'm not apologizing for anything.

The smallest thing is the breast cancer pin. That's a bit sad, isn't it.

Click on the breast cancer link on my page to support mammograms.

I tag:

Patience (when she returns from her fabulous trip)

Amelia (who's also on sabbatical, she'll get over it)

Just A Girl (because I'm dying to know what's in her bag....)

That'll do, for now. Cheryl, better send everyone back, since this took so danged long. It wasn't my fault, honest - damn clients wanting me to work all day.....

J


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first aid kit, I couldn't see that very well. Is that anything like the whistle that a young'un sold me last year at the local sport accessory shop? He said I couldn't go to Bangkok without it. All his lady friends who travel take a whistle. Honest! So me being the age of his gramma bought one. You can have it if you want. hugs Momm

Anonymous said...

Love it! (And I had to wait all day to see what was going to be in your bag! Think of your readers! :-) )

Anyway liked the presentation of #4 - excellent. And gee you sure didn't have anything embarrassing in your bag.

My only comment is really this "Why only one bag?"

Janet

amelia bedelia said...

I'm almost finished with the book....this will be my first post! Great, and you caught me at a time that I really need to clean out my purse!!

t said...

OMG...you are very organized. AND the debit card.....ha! Cute!

My blackberry is stuck to my hand most of the time..never makes it into my bag.

It was nice messaging you from the ladies room the other night....lol

just a girl... said...

jesus I suck but freking finally

Patience-please said...

Oh! Just catching up and found the tag! Thanks. I'll get to work on it!

hugs-
P

Miss Bangkok Hotels said...

Many thanks with your good story. If i have a chance to visit in Bangkok again , i will go to Grand Palace and looking for the hotel around Kaosarn Road. I think that Kaosarn Road is good for young travellers. Around the street, there are a number of old buildings and temples, some of which have been transformed into restaurants and even tattoo parlours, although you will still find quiet family homes if you look deep enough. Aside from some interesting architecture, Banglampoo shows the mix of peoples and heritages that is the character of Bangkok. There are Muslims, Buddhists, Mons, and of course a great number of foreigners in this small area. All of this makes the area an interesting place for a glimpse of Thai life. Thais also appreciate the area for the many types of traditional kanom or Thai snacks and desserts available and the cheap clothing available in the Banglampoo Market

Jenn and the City

An Award

An Award
Thanks Patience!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter