Saturday, March 29, 2008

Silly Saturday

I’m sitting on the couch with the Nike again. A Saturday morning with no particular agenda is rare for me. I’m supposed to be cleaning the spare room. I keep twitching my nose, like Samantha in Bewitched, but so far the room still looks like Dorothy’s house post-tornado.

To further avoid getting my fanny off the futon, I thought of a silly game to play with my two loyal readers (thanks Mom). Actually, from the emails I get, I suspect there are many more than that.

Board games are popular here. Last night we played Balderdash, which is a word game where you make up definitions. The game offers a lot of great words no one has heard of, and their real definitions. I’m going to pick a word each Saturday, and use it in a blog sometime during the week.

Here’s the game. The first person to post a comment after I use the word of the week in the blog gets a free trip to Hawaii.

Ha! Got your attention, didn’t I? I had my fingers crossed when I typed that so it doesn’t count. (Try typing with your fingers crossed, takes about an hour to get through the sentence).

Seriously, the first person to post a comment on the weekday blog containing Saturday’s word can give me the next days writing assignment. I’ll tackle whatever the heck you want me to. A N Y T H I N G. Okay, yes that’s scary. But let’s try it.

The word this week is….drum roll….pulling the card out of the box at random….

Woppitzer (waw-pit-zurr): Gambling term for a spectator who not only has bad breath and body odor but comments on the game.

Really. I can’t make that up. And how the &$%#@ am I going to figure out how to use that in a blog?

I think I’m going to go clean the spare room. It’ll be easier than this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woppitizer is an Italian hors d'oeuvre...

- your buddy, Felix

Anonymous said...

When I first read it I pronounced it Woppitzer. That conjured pictures of WWII gun embattlements like seen all over Kodiak Island.

Once I pronounced it correctly Felix's idea was really funny.

Pam

Patience-please said...

Fun! I read and pronounced the word the same way as Pam... Interesting!

Anonymous said...

Jenn
I am glad the blog is back from vacation. Your other loyal reader.
Pete

There was an error in this gadget

Jenn and the City

An Award

An Award
Thanks Patience!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Counter